Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculating sums of % of particular values and include Record ID

orinocoworkflow
6 - Meteoroid

I have a set of survey responses with 10 questions where the customer could select one of six responses. I need to calculate the percentage of responses that equal 'Agree' or 'Strongly Agree'.

Here (and attached) is an example of what my data looks like:

orinocoworkflow_0-1620970015208.png

I was able to count the sum of each answer and then make a formula that added together the percentage of Agree and Strongly Agree for the entire data set, but the data will need to also be matched to Client and Sector so I need to be able to factor in the RecordID and I'm not nearly advanced enough to come up with how to do that.

Hoping someone can help a beginner here who is struggling!

4 REPLIES 4
shreyanshrathod
11 - Bolide

@orinocoworkflow ,

Could you attach a screenshot of the expected output based on the attached input?

Regards,

Shreyansh Rathod

orinocoworkflow
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I think the output can be quite simple, because I will append it to my main workflow, so something like this, where each Record ID has a corresponding percentage of people who answered 'Agree' or 'Strongly Agree' to the 10 questions.

orinocoworkflow_0-1620973024884.png

shreyanshrathod
11 - Bolide

@orinocoworkflow ,

See if this helps.

Regards,

Shreyansh Rathod

orinocoworkflow
6 - Meteoroid

It has worked! I had to make a minor adjustment as my actual data was calculating the questions into the 'All Responses' column (which could have just been my error in re-purposing the workflow into my existing workflow...) but I've got the answers I need.

Thank you so much for your help, you've saved me so much time and frustration!

Labels