Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculating sums of % of particular values and include Record ID

orinocoworkflow
6 - Meteoroid

I have a set of survey responses with 10 questions where the customer could select one of six responses. I need to calculate the percentage of responses that equal 'Agree' or 'Strongly Agree'.

Here (and attached) is an example of what my data looks like:

orinocoworkflow_0-1620970015208.png

I was able to count the sum of each answer and then make a formula that added together the percentage of Agree and Strongly Agree for the entire data set, but the data will need to also be matched to Client and Sector so I need to be able to factor in the RecordID and I'm not nearly advanced enough to come up with how to do that.

Hoping someone can help a beginner here who is struggling!

4 REPLIES 4
shreyanshrathod
11 - Bolide

@orinocoworkflow ,

Could you attach a screenshot of the expected output based on the attached input?

Regards,

Shreyansh Rathod

orinocoworkflow
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I think the output can be quite simple, because I will append it to my main workflow, so something like this, where each Record ID has a corresponding percentage of people who answered 'Agree' or 'Strongly Agree' to the 10 questions.

orinocoworkflow_0-1620973024884.png

shreyanshrathod
11 - Bolide

@orinocoworkflow ,

See if this helps.

Regards,

Shreyansh Rathod

orinocoworkflow
6 - Meteoroid

It has worked! I had to make a minor adjustment as my actual data was calculating the questions into the 'All Responses' column (which could have just been my error in re-purposing the workflow into my existing workflow...) but I've got the answers I need.

Thank you so much for your help, you've saved me so much time and frustration!

Labels