Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculating days between 2 dates where one is a constant and not in the data set

Scott_Hamilton
6 - Meteoroid

I’m trying to calculate the number of days between 2 dates. One of the dates is not in my data set and is constant (9/30/18). The other date that’s in my data set. What’s the best way do that?

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The DateTimeDiff( function can tell you the difference between two date value in an increment you specify. Here's the syntax:

DateTimeDiff(dt1,dt2,u)

Where dt1 and dt2 are two datetime values, and u is the units. The date values can be a variable input (as long as it's in the correct format), or static values. If your input dates are in a field called [Date] then you can calculate the difference in days from 2018-09-30 using this formula:

DateTimeDiff([Date],"2018-09-30","days")

Note that "2018-09-30" is the standard date format that Alteryx uses and is necessary for these date calculations. Let me know if you have any questions.

Scott_Hamilton
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks, that worked. If I then wanted to take that number and divide by 365, how is that done?

Scott_Hamilton
6 - Meteoroid

I figured it out....ToNumber([Days])/365

Labels