Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculating Percentiles based on historical data

Jain
6 - Meteoroid

While calculating percentiles is simple using the Summarize tool or some of the available macros, I'm having trouble calculating percentiles based on n number of rows for historical data. So in this case if n = 3, for every percentile will be calculated for the above 3 rows/days of data (given Date is sorted in ascending order) grouped by the names. (Sample attached)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Jain, I chose to use Moving Summarize tool from Crew Macros to compute rolling window percentile calculation. But soon ran into its limitation of not being able to change the Percentile % (default is 50%). So, I went ahead and modified the macro altogether and have included it as part of the package here. 

To change the Percentile %, toggle the range highlighted in the image below.

AbhilashR_0-1586575327515.png

Once the percentile's are calculated, I shift the date by a day and join the data back to itself to help you get the data in the format you are looking for.

Hope this helps!

Jain
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @AbhilashR,

Thanks for the solution! This works like a charm.

I made a small modification to the decimal values for Percentile % toggle in the macro because currently it is set to one decimal place and I wanted to calculate percentiles for 1%(0.01) and 99%(0.99) as well. 

Labels