Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculating Draws in a Predictive Soccer Model

rjs1125
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am new to using Alteryx and still exploring all the possibilities the software can offer. I was working on a model, using Alteryx's challenge 18 as a baseline, to replicate the standings for the German soccer league known as the Bundesliga. Using the top ten highest correlated variables with wins, the model is able to predict wins and losses but not draws. Is there any way to include a formula or custom expression to include draws in the final browse icon or is this workflow not functional to include draws?

Thanks,

Ryan

6 REPLIES 6
bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @rjs1125 ,

the workflow does not save the .csv file. could you possibly send a copy of it?

rjs1125
5 - Atom

Hi @bpatel ,

Thanks for the reply! Sorry about that, the .csv file is attached.

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

@rjs1125  thank you for sending that over.

i added the field "draws" back using the select so you can do calculations with it. is that what you are looking for? if you want to predict draws you can always build another model that has the target variable as "draws".

bpatel_0-1595605107457.png

please let me know if this on track with what you are looking for

rjs1125
5 - Atom

@bpatel My goal was to predict wins, losses, and draws for each team next season. The model I had created was only predicting wins and losses. When combining each team's win, loss, and draw total it should equal out to 34 because that is the number of games a team plays in the season. Is this model not best suited for this type of prediction?

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

@rjs1125  got it! in that case the simplest way would be to run three models 

bpatel_0-1595607253783.png

i attached the updated workflow. i hope this helps

rjs1125
5 - Atom

Perfect, thanks so much!

Labels