Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculate specific columns and rows and output to new column

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

Hello all, was wondering if you had any input on a formula I could use to do the following. I'm trying to compare columns B/C with E/F but by using the row names as you can see how they are summarized. Column G and H is a desired new column output with the values G2:H6 is what I am needing being populated. Basically B2-E2 and so forth down the rows as you can see highlighted, I've poked around a little on the community but haven't had luck as I end up summing the whole column and that is not what I want to do, I need to keep it specific per group title per the example formula in yellow. Any help is appreciated.

dberroth_0-1600791361293.png

2 REPLIES 2
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Given that your formulas are just going across the same row, you can achieve this using a standard Formula tool. You would have a formula for each output.

See attached for an example:

echuong1_0-1600792497465.png

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@echuong1 — This was the exact solution I was about to reply!

Labels