Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculate remaining weighted average

Afournier
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone, 

In excel I am using a formula to calculate the remaining weighted average of a lease terme. 

The spreadsheet look like this: 

No of monthsLease paymentsRemaining WALT
183 739,0011,38
283 739,0011,34
383 739,0011,3
483 739,0011,26
583 739,0011,22

The formula in excel for column "Remaining WALT" is "=(SUMPRODUCT(A2:$A$261;B2:$B$261)/SUM(B2:$B$261)-A2)/12". 

In this specific case, I have a lease with 260 month. 

First, is their something I can do in Alteryx to replicate this formula? Also to make it a bit more complex, lets say I have 1000 other template/spreadsheet like those with different terms (different number of month) so I need it to work for every single lease schedule. 

For information, I have built an iterative macro in my Alteryx workflow so I would need a solution to integrate in that macro 🙂 

I have attached the spreadsheet for reference. 

Thanks for any help!! 

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Afournier ,

Attached is an example showing how to get that done! I have also added an example with 2 different files showing that it is also possible to work with a bunch of files. For many types of files, you can automatically get the file name from the input data tool's configuration tab on the left.

Take a look and let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels