Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculate remaining Annual Target based off a Daily Target

David_Little
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I'm looking to dynamically calculate a "Remaining Annual Target" based on a calculated quarterly daily target.

David_Little_0-1654765875020.png

At the time of posting we are nearing the end of Q2, So I would need the Remaining Annual Target to = Q4 daily target * No of days in the quarter + Q3 daily target * No of days in the quarter + Q2 daily target * No of days remaining in the quarter (not to include any calculation on the Q1 targets as that has passed)

- This would need to be dynamic, so when we enter Q1 of next year, it would include all quarterly calculations.

Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks in advance !

*Edit - I would need to exclude today's date from the count

13 REPLIES 13
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @David_Little,

You will probably want to check I got the right months for each quarter. This times the target by the number of days left in each quarter then sums the result:

IraWatt_0-1654767239601.png

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

David_Little
7 - Meteor

Thanks @IraWatt !

Sorry, I should have said in the original message - I would need to exclude "today's" date from the counts/row generation (is that an easy fix ?)

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @David_Little 😄

I thought that though wasn't sure. Very easy fix, the sample tool can skip the first row:

IraWatt_0-1654768125447.png

Everything else look okay?

David_Little
7 - Meteor

Great. Thanks !

Just to complicate this further (sorry !) How would I go about doing this for multiple targets with further columns ?

David_Little_1-1654768916319.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@David_Little Ah that also shouldn't be a huge issue:

IraWatt_0-1654771998477.png

I added a record ID so that each row is calculated separately 

David_Little
7 - Meteor

Brilliant. Thank you so much !

IraWatt
17 - Castor