Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculate last week sales based on DATE

ErikH
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have a huge CSV file where I have all the sales. The date formate is in DATE(dd.MM.yyyy). 

I would like to use Alteryx to find the sales last week (minus 7 days) on all SKUs I have and inject that in a new column. 

The data table setup

DATE | SKU | REVENUE | CATEGORY | GROUP | +++++ 

I've tried to search the forums, but have not found any topic that solves my issue.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Erik

4 REPLIES 4
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi, 

this is what I'd do based on what you say, you could also make it a bit better with using weeknumbers and calculate the sales per week and then join the datastreams.

hope it helped!

danrh
13 - Pulsar

I wasn't positive whether you mean the sum of sales over the last 7 days from today, a rolling sum of the sales over the last 7 days for any given date in your data, or the sales that occurred on the day exactly 7 days ago (it sounds like this one?), so I built out an example of each of the three. Take a look, see if these either fix your issue or at least get you pointed in the right direction.

ErikH
7 - Meteor

awesome guys, thank you!

Danrh, your solution was the easiest one and solved my issue 100% - thank you both for your time to help me!

ErikH
7 - Meteor

--

Labels