Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Calculate Time difference

Alteryx_Geek
8 - Asteroid

How can I calculate the difference of time for Attached file (Row 2 - Row 1). 

9 REPLIES 9
JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@Alteryx_Geek 

Hi,

you need to use DateTimeDiff(dt1,dt2,u) function in a multi-row formula tool.
This will give you difference in seconds. If you want difference in smaller units (e.g. miliseconds) - please take a look at this post:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/How-to-get-datetimediff-with-milli-sec...

JarekSkudrzyk_0-1647465066407.png

Alteryx_Geek
8 - Asteroid

@JarekSkudrzyk  - I tried, it didnt work

JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@Alteryx_Geek 
in the meantime I have edited my previous post - please take a look at it and let me know if it helps.

Alteryx_Geek
8 - Asteroid

@JarekSkudrzyk  - I think your logic works, but looks like i need to apply some more logic to get to this point. I am attaching the file, can you please help in getting the time difference for this file

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Alteryx_Geek 

Try this, parsed the time and used @JarekSkudrzyk 's formula

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Alteryx_Geek 
By extra logic, I guess you mean we need to parse the time string out.

0317-Alteryx_Geek.PNG

Alteryx_Geek
8 - Asteroid

@Luke_C  - Thanks Luke, appreciated. Is it possible to get the time difference in msec ? or something like in this format "ss.msec" ?

Alteryx_Geek
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu - Thanks Qui, appreciated. Is it possible to get the time difference in msec ? or something like in this format "ss.msec" ?

Luke_C
17 - Castor
Labels