Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculate Alteryx-date based on Week & Year fields (YYYY_WW)

erike67
5 - Atom

Hi all, 

I'm trying to create a Alteryx date (so that I can do time series analysis) based on the date field in my source data. My source data has dates in the format YYYYWW (year-week, e.g. 201630), but no date or month information. I have done plenty of research online without finding any information about how to create an "Alteryx-date" based on data in this format. 

Does anyone in the community know how to do this? Or is it not possible to create a date field using year-week source data? 

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Hi @erike67

Can you create a date YYYY-01-01, then DateTimeAdd WW*7 days in order to arrive at something reasonable?  e.g.:

DateTimeAdd(
   DateTimeParse(ToString(FLOOR([yyyyww] / 100))+"0101","%Y%m%d"),
   7*(MOD([yyyyww],100)-1),"days"
)

Federica_FF
11 - Bolide

Here is another way to get the same result:

DateTimeAdd(left([YYYYWW], 4)+"-01-01", (tonumber(right([YYYYWW], 2))-1)*7 , "days")

Assuming the string YYYYWW is always 6 characters, (even the first 9 weeks) and assuming you're talking about calendar week and not fiscal week. Fiscal weeks barely starts from 01/01, they usually starts with the 1st monday of the year.

Otherwise you'll need a to add one zero if the lenght is 5 and not six and you have to cancatenate the real first fiscal day instead of 01-01:

Labels