Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Caching data from multiple dynamic inputs

The_Terrabull
5 - Atom

Hi there,

I have two dynamic inputs at the beginning of a workflow, both with cache data turned on.

However the data never seems to cache,

I've attached a screenshot of the workflow

I would like to set up the workflow so that the two dynamic inputs cache the data.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to get this working correctly that would be hugely appreciated.

Kind regards

Charlie

5 REPLIES 5
paulfound
11 - Bolide

How about holding control and right clicking on both the dynamic inputs and select "Cache and run workflows"??

The_Terrabull
5 - Atom

Hey Paul, thanks for this,

Just tried and unfortunately doesn't work, 

It's not possible to select the "cache and run workflow" button.

Screenshot attached for reference

Kind regards

joshbennett
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Hi @The_Terrabull 

Take a look at this post which gives an overview of how the native cache feature works: Just take the Cache and Run! Caching in 2018.3

And this post which goes into detail on some of the limitations of the built in cache feature: What Can't Be Cached? (FYI it does appear that more standard tools are capable of supporting the native cache feature in v2020, but previous versions have been more limited in my experience).

And finally, I would also consider checking out the Cache Dataset V2 Macro in case you aren't able to get the built-in cache options to meet your needs.

paulfound
11 - Bolide

Just looked at your original post and missed something in your original screen shot. You can't cache something then call it again (Sorry best way I can describe) 

In your screen shot on the bottom left there is a join that connects to the original input (purple line) 

PaulFound_0-1596709234236.png

if you ctrl + click on then I think it might let you cache it.

The_Terrabull
5 - Atom

Thanks @joshbennett 

The Cache Dataset V2 Macro has worked. I have added the Cache Macro after the download then once the report has run mute initial input and download tools using a container.

All the best

Labels