Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

CSVFile: A field was missing a closing quote in record 1

jaipersr
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I am using a run command tool to output to a csv file. However, I am getting an error that "A field was missing closing quotes". It looks like run command tool worked in the sense that it actually wrote to the csv file I wanted but the workflow error and prevents data from going through. Any reason as to why this is happening?

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jaipersr,

I am not able to test it but maybe you need to change this option to never: 

Emil_Kos_0-1614351449241.png

I think this post gives some additional background around this issue: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/A-field-was-missing-a-closing-quote-in...

jaipersr
7 - Meteor

I am using a run command tool. Not an input tool so I do see that option interface to do that.

rafalolbert
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @jaipersr,

It looks like some special characters might be breaking your logic.

You could use a Formula tool or Multi-Field Formula (and do it for all fields in your schema) as a penultimate step of your workflow and wrap all fields in a single or double quote.

You may also want to check the presence of some additional characters if the above doesn't resolve it for you and escape them proactively - best to try with sample data first and open for full data frame later.

Hope you'll manage to resolve it quickly, let me know how you get on?

Thanks,

Rafal

#Excuse me, do you speak Alteryx? 

BretCarr
10 - Fireball

Are you able to get the data in the output of the tool before you try to make a file?

Labels