Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CSV with Nulls

swoodling
7 - Meteor

Hello- 

I have a file that I am running with HFM and a Longview addin and then utilizing a workflow to pushout 8 CSV files. The 8 tabs are dynamically reading off of the two HFM refreshes. The 8 tabs have formulas down to row 10k but only populate to say 5k etc. My workflow is pushing out the CSV files and is showing that there is data in all of the cells that are after in this example 5k. Is there a way to prevent this? When I am trying to import this into Longview, it is reading those rows and rejecting the loads. 

3 REPLIES 3
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @swoodling 

I may be over simplifying here, but is there a way you could use a Filter tool to get only the rows with valid data? Perhaps one of the columns in the extra rows has zeros or nulls?

Let me know if that works.

Cheers!

Esther

swoodling
7 - Meteor
Nope not oversimplifying at all! I tried to do that but it seems like it still does not work. I used the "is not null" but it didn't appear to help? I was wondering if there was a way to use the Select Command or perhaps the input command?

[Zimmer Biomet - The Power of Us]

Samantha Woodling
Senior Tax Analyst
574-373-2788574-373-2788> Direct
samm.woodling@zimmerbiomet.com

[http://sample.fai2.com/zb-signatures/ZBLogo.png]574-373-2788>
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @swoodling 

Try using !IsEmpty() instead of !IsNull()

Dan

Labels