Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CSV output - Header format change

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have created one Workflow and I used output as csv format. when i open the file, I am getting proper output. But I need to make the header unique like Bold , background colour, center aligned something like that.. 

Is there any way we can get the output like that from Alteryx itself

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @Karthick461 :

Yes, this is possible using the Reporting Tools. A Table Tool allows you to format the records in the desired way. The table can then be written to Excel using a Render Tool.

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

So I have to use Table , then Render tool and Output tool(csv) to get my answer?

MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

Correct, the Output Data tool does not write files with formatting. To do so, you will need to use the Reporting Tools. I've attached a sample workflow demonstrating how to do this. However, I'd like to clarify that CSV files do not store formatting. If you want to save the data with formatting it must be saved as an Excel (.xlsx) file. 

ReportingTools.PNG

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

I am getting g below Error while opening your sample file . I am using 2021.1 version.. not able to use 2021.3 because of some issue in saving in gallery. Do you have this file in 2021.1 version

Karthick461_0-1640625416064.png

MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Karthick461, the following article explains how this can be done. I've attached the modified workflow for you here.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Adjusting-Alteryx-Files-for-Differe...

Labels