Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CREW Runner fails when Workflows have Macros

ScottShimer
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow that uses a macro that I wrote, which is used multiple times in the workflow.  The workflow is the first of three workflows that need to run in sequence, the first being the workflow that includes the macro.  To accomplish this I am using the Crew Runner and conditional runner.  The Crew Runner works fine when run on my laptop, but it fails when run from the Gallery.  The error indicates that the Macro I wrote in my workflow cannot be found.  The macro is on a shared network drive that the Gallery server can access.

Does the Macro I wrote need to be added to the Gallery server?   I tried adding the Macro to my private studio, but it still failed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

2 REPLIES 2
David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

@ScottShimer 
Try this:
In each workflow, go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Workflow Dependencies.  Click the All Relative button.
(Start with the files on your hard drive; I'm not sure this will work if opened from Gallery.)

The macro should get picked up at publish time and should appear in Workflow Options --> Manage Workflow Assets.

Good luck!
David

ScottShimer
7 - Meteor

It turns out the macro needs to reside in the same directory as the workflow that calls it.  Alteryx does not appear to store the path where the macros are stored, it assumes they are in the same directory as the workflow.

Labels