community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Community v19.9

The latest release includes several enhancements designed to improve your Community experience!

Learn More

CPU stays maxed out despited finisched workflow

Alteryx Partner

Hi there,

I recognized now several times already, that Alteryx is massively using the CPU (which in itself is fine) but when the workflow is done, CPU usage of Alteryx Designer is not going down!

Sometime when closing the last workflow CPU usage is going down, sometimes even then it stays at an high level, only closing Alteryx completely solves the issue.  

This is especially annoying when running a long running workflow and in the middle of it CPU is maxing out (you never know if its a bug or just a complex calculation).

I am running Version 2018.4.3.54046, never had that issue with older versions ...

My core is Prozessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2808 MHz,

Anyone observing the same issues ?

Cheers Tom

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi there @Kuehner.

This is neither a known issue nor one that I have seen personally - can you please confirm the following;

1. Does this happen with every workflow you run or just some?

2. Are there R-backed, python, or API-driven tools involved when this happens?

Thanks!

Zak

Alteryx Partner

Hi Zak,

1: It happens randomly with different workflows - simple ones (just a few tools) and more complex ones (30-40 tools)

2: No, there was no R, phyton or any API tool involved, all plain standard Alteryxs tools (even not a crew macro)

Cheers Tom

Hi @Kuehner,

I see that @ZacharyM replied to your question.

If you require further assistance please refer to Support.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Adler
Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.

Alteryx Partner

Hi @MichaelAd  ZacharyM replied my question, but didn't solved the issue.

I gave him further details, but did not get any answer since than ....

Are you suggesting to open a case via the support email address (support@alteryx.com) ?

I guess other user might be interested in an answer as well.

Cheers Tom

Bolide
Bolide

if you open task manager (ctrl + Shift + Esc) what processes do you see running when this happens?

I usually see Alteryx using a bit of memory at any given time, but CPU typically drops for me after the workflow finishes. 

image.png

Alteryx Partner

I was exactly checking that ... Alteryx Process stays high, even after closing all the workflows ....

Alteryx Partner

As it just happened again, please find attached a screenshot

Unbenanntes Bild.png

Meteor

I am having this same issue.... I cant even do anything and it happened right after i installed the update about 2 weeks ago. has never happened before that. this is even the case if i dont have a workflow open and just the application running2019-02-26_15-03-24.png

Meteor

I am having this same issue.... I cant even do anything and it happened right after i installed the update about 2 weeks ago. has never happened before that. this is even the case if i don't have a workflow open and just the application running2019-02-26_15-03-24.png

Labels