Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CONDITIONS/Filter and multiply by -1

PassION_es
9 - Comet

Hello Alteryx,

Needing your help to share to me your simpler formula on below.  I have an input data that generated activity and ytd balances from January up to December.

I would like to multiply to -1 all yellow column with this condition: If GL Account type (in orange) is a Liability, Equity and Income, then column K - column AH  (January - December) should be multiply by -1.

PassION_es_0-1669009409408.png

Attached is the dummy input file for your reference.

3 REPLIES 3
KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@PassION_es 

Could you please have a look??

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1669011233282.png

Please mark it as a solution if it works. 

Good day !

PassION_es
9 - Comet

hello @KrishnaChithrathil , thank you. THis is what I am looking for however I am getting error when I incorporate it to my existing workflow because the field name changes from JAN OSOB FUCTIONAL TO JAN_OSOB_FUNCTIONAL (with underscore).  Field names should remain as is. Can you add a tool that return the header columns to each original names? Thank you in advance.

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@PassION_es 

Use the last select tool for renaming the fields. Below is the reference image attached. Like wise you can update the rest of the fields.

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1669013961201.png

Note - We don't really need that record ID there. you can remove it.

Labels