Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CERTAIN FIELDS ARE NOT MATCHING IN ALTERYX IN JOIN TOOL

draghava
7 - Meteor

i am trying to match the fields in alteryx but certain fields are not matching . I have attached the input and workflow please advise the reason . 

5 REPLIES 5
draghava
7 - Meteor

please let me know how to attach the  workflow.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @draghava 

Save the workflow and attach its file the same way you did with your excel files. Are you having trouble to do it?

Cheers,

chinu267
8 - Asteroid

Everything will not join as it can not find a match in the respective tables. I joined using BU, LEDGER, ACCOUNT, LOCATION.

All records from unreconciled match except for the 13.

Designer x64 Started running at 03/24/2019 13:33:29
Input Data (1) 841 records were read from "C:\Users\XX\Downloads\GL223.xlsx" (`Sheet1$`)
Input Data (2) 85 records were read from "C:\Users\XX\Downloads\Unreconciled.xlsx" (`Sheet1$`)
Join (3) 194 records were joined with 738 un-joined left records and 13 un-joined right records
Designer x64 Finished running in 1.1 seconds

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @chinu267 

The reason you're getting 13 unmatched records is that in GL233.xlsx missing Locations are represented as [Null].  In Unreconciled.xlsx, missing locations show up as "" (blank strings) and according to Alteryx [Null] does not match ""

Add a formula tool between Unreconciled.xlsx and your join to convert [Location] to [Null] like this

if isempty([Location]) then
	null()
else
	[Location]
endif

Or add a Data Cleansing tool after GL233 to convert all [Null] values to Blanks.

Dan

draghava
7 - Meteor

Thanks for solution .

Labels