Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CDATA SuccessFactors connector - Nav properties

alexisjensen
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trialing the CData SuccessFactors ODBC connector.  I have got connections and can read data from tables.  However, I want to be able to extract tables with navigation properties expanded.  The nav tables aren't readable as is, so a straight join won't work.

Does anyone know how to set up a query in the input tool to pull the base table with the nav properties expanded.

Thanks for your help

Alexis

4 REPLIES 4
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I would think since this is a product that CData built you probably want to reach out to them so they can give you all the guidance you need. This is the first time I have heard of this. Interesting....

https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/sapsuccessfactors-odbc-alteryx.rst

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
alexisjensen
8 - Asteroid
Hi,

Agreed and I have reached out to them. But as it is just and odbc connector rather than a custom tool and all of the querying etc is done in the input tool, I thought I’d reach out to the community too who might have some ideas.

Alexis

Alexis Jensen

DISCLAIMER
This email contains information that is confidential and which may be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, you may not read, use, copy or disclose this email or its attachments in any way. In that event, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and delete the email from your system. While we use standard virus checking software, we accept no responsibility for viruses or anything similar in this email or any attachment after it leaves our information systems.
alexisjensen
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

As an update, we chose not to proceed with CData as our solution, but rather DVW Analytics - https://www.dvwanalytics.com/alteryx-connector-for-sap-successfactors.html

scollier1993
7 - Meteor

Hi alexisjensen,

What was the reason for choosing DVW Analytics over CData?

Labels