community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

CASS Address Type Code

Highlighted
Meteoroid

Hi everyone,

I am looking at t he possible values for CASS_AddressType_Code from the definition in help and for some reason my results are limited to "H" & "S" only even though I know some of them are Company Addresses, they are not marked as company/firm address.

Would you let me know if there is a trick or hint about this, which I am missing?

Thanks

Alper

https://help.alteryx.com/9.5/CASS.htm

CASS_AddressTypeCode: The AddressType Property is a 1-character string value. This 1-character code indicates the type of address that was returned. No data will be present in this field if the CASS_Results field is AS03 (Non-USPS address).

• US Codes:
Code Description
FFirm or Company Address
GGeneral Delivery Address
HHighrise or business complex
PPO Box address
RRural route address
SStreet or residential address

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi.  I ran a sample of a national business file and summarized on the value for AddressType_Code - those other fields are populated.  I also see Help notes 'CASS_AddressTypeCode: The AddressType Property is a 1-character string value. This 1-character code indicates the type of address that was returned. No data will be present in this field if the CASS_Results field is AS03 (Non-USPS address)' so check the CASS_Results field for the Quality of the address.  When running your file through CASS, did you included the Company Field?  Providing a business name may help CASS better tie the address and the suite, which may improve your "F" results.

Here are the results of my sample:

CASS_AddressTypeCode Count

F        22679
G               5
H     483367
P             80
R           365
S   1636088

Lonnie

Meteoroid

Thanks Lonnie, I will try your suggestion.

Labels