Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Bulkload to snowflake

huynv96
9 - Comet

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to load data to snowflake using bulkload. If new data has not enough columns match table then I received error

Error: Output Data (23): The COPY failed with error: Number of columns in file (124) does not match that of the corresponding table (128), use file format option error_on_column_count_mismatch=false to ignore this error
  File 'sometable_bde58800b7e54b238dfb37f3af4162.gz', line 2, character 1
  Row 1 starts at line 1, column "TABLE_NAME"["feature_abc":124]
  If you would like to continue loading when an error is encountered, use other values such as 'SKIP_FILE' or 'CONTINUE' for the ON_ERROR option. For more information on loading options, please run 'info loading_data' in a SQL client.

How can i continuely load data skip the error. Missing fields will be NULL like ODBC missing fields

Thanks and Happy new year!

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You could use a text input at the end of your workflow with every column name in it with null values and union with your dataset before output. Then you can use a filter tool and say that a specific column is not null that you know always has data in your main data set. This text input would serve as a placeholder so that when it is unioned, it will add the extra columns and null values. 

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @huynv96 

You may have field values that contain a new line return... the bulk loader does not work very well when this occurs because it COPY command that's executed assumes that new line returns are a new row/record.

I was able to solve by adding a Multi-Field formula tool and run all TEXT columns with the following expression:

REGEX_REPLACE([_CurrentField_], '\n', ' ')

This replaced new line character (\n) with a space using regex. You can change the replacement with something else if you need to be able to distinguish when a new line was suppose to happen. 

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

huynv96
9 - Comet

Thanks,

But i don't think my data fields have new line character.

huynv96
9 - Comet

Thanks, @BrandonB 

It's a good solution.

Labels