Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Bulk Uploading to Snowflake Error

akihirokomatsu
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I'm getting an error when I am bulk uploading data into snowflake, via Amazon S3. The error I'm getting is:

The COPY failed with error: We were unable to remove some files from S3 after the copy operation!

The bulk upload settings I'm using are:

akihirokomatsu_0-1624292182822.png

Why is this happening, and how can I stop it from erroring?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
PedrodeOl
9 - Comet

Hi @akihirokomatsu,

Here the Snowflake' s help page about copy files from a S3 stage (similar to Bulk Load) 

https://docs.snowflake.com/en/user-guide/data-load-s3-copy.html

There you'll find the a section (Validation your Data) talking about data validation and file errors during the copy process, maybe is related to the problem you're facing, I suggest you to check this.

akihirokomatsu
8 - Asteroid

Thanks. Turns out I didn't have delete permissions for the account I was using. After fixing that, I am still running into this error:

akihirokomatsu_0-1625595329568.png

I have been troubleshooting for a while to no avail. I've tried removing all potential delimiters including commas, /, -,", '. I've looked at that particular record and found no obvious issues with delimiters. Is there anything else I should be looking for that could be triggering this error message?

Thanks!!  

Labels