Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Bulk Input & Output

jonas_i
5 - Atom

hi fellow Alteryx enthusiasts!

I am trying to bulk input ca.200 .xlsx files (with different structures) and output them to an Oracle DB using the file name as table name from a directory. I can do it for a single file using a simple "input data" and "output data" tool, but this is not optimal for 200+ files. 

I know that the "directory" tool lists all the files from a directory, but I am sort of stuck there.

Thank you for your help! 

1 REPLY 1
cpituley
8 - Asteroid

Hi Jonas, 

Your issue sounds similar to one I encountered just a couple days ago. BenMoss and mbarone provided a batch macro solution that did the trick for me.

You should give this batch macro by JordanB a try and see if you can record each output as a table in the same DB. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Reading-in-multiple-files-with-...

Kind regards,

Cameron

Labels