cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Announcement | Looking to expand your Alteryx skillset?! Check out the latest set of interactive lessons in Alteryx Academy: Creating Analytic Apps

Building a workflow with multiple outputs to database

Highlighted
Atom

I have a workflow that is pulling data from a database and using REST to write very small amounts of data to an online service.

I want to put it on server and schedule it, so have added a number of writes back to a database to log what is happening using the output tool and record the results of the rest calls, however working with the workflow is proving very challenging. I think it is checking all the database connections every time I make a change tot he workflow, so takes about a minute to add or change a tool. 

Ideally I don't want to move to a single database write at the end of the process but is there a way to push designer to validate connections on run rather than on change? - anyone know if this is what is causing the poor performance or should i look elsewhere?

Any ideas much appreciated

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @BigRuss,

Can you share the workflow by private message? I'd gladly see why you're having such a poor performance.

Best,
John Posada
Senior Customer Support Engineer - Alteryx
Labels