Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Build analytic app with user selection Date range and List

ArnabSengupta
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am new to building analytics app so struggling to with this issue.

I want to build a app WF in which the user can select the "start date" and "End date" along with list selection "Product Type". In the "Product type" list, the user can select single or multiple product type.

Please see the sample dataset .

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

try this. run it first as a standard workflow to populate the list box and then run as  an app.

ArnabSengupta
8 - Asteroid

Hi @apathetichell : Thanks for your reply. I had a query about the Date filter tool . what's the custom filter represents ? Can the date range there be any dates?

ArnabSengupta_0-1628178021435.png

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @ArnabSengupta ,

A custom filter is anything that is not listed as a default in the dropdown.

The current filter would be true for any dates in between 2021/07/01 and 2021/08/01. i.e the whole month of july for the year 2021.

Best,

Jagdeesh

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @ArnabSengupta 

Custom filter is a place where you can write conditions using custom formulas. This is a great place to use if you have more than two conditions to be checked.

Multiple conditions can be written by using or (either of conditions satisfies)  and (all condition satisfies)

Above example is and date should after 2021/07/01 and before 2021/08/01 which is how the range is defined similar way in number too.

Hope this helps : )

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

the custom filter here is also a stand in for the user entered dates. the two dates used are dummy data which point  to what will be used when the app is run as a standard workflow. They provide pointers to the app of the information that will be updated via the interface tools. When using interface tools you always want to use a custom filter (I use them anyway) - there are actually more places to choose the wrong part of the tool to connect to the interface element in the standard filter.... Custom filter action tool interface is much more intuitive.

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @ArnabSengupta 

Workflow below and attached that allows single/multi select and calendar pick of both start and end range dates.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

ArnabSengupta
8 - Asteroid

Thank you all for the help.

Labels