Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Bugs in render - dll not found

Etienne_F
7 - Meteor

Hi,

very recently i keep on having issues with a one of my workflow which uses render. I'm unable to go and change the config of the render tool anymore. once i click on the render, i have the error message "An unhandled Exception occured". i just managed running the entire worklow, and it worked but i'm not able to change the config of the render. i have checked in the logs and it tells me a dll would be missing? have you ever faced this issue? how did you solve it? thanks

Etienne_F_0-1649163597525.png

Etienne_F_1-1649163698213.png

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Etienne_F 
Does it appear all the time? or from time to time?

I have also encountered this error some time, but I just chose to ignore. or restart the alteryx.
And this may help

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Unhandled-Exception-Error-2019-3/td-p/...

Etienne_F
7 - Meteor

@Qiu , thanks. It used to prompt error everytime i come around the render, as long i was ttrying to touch something in the same container it was prompting. The regedit trick helps me go closer, and actually i can come very close to the render now, but once i click(left or right) the error comes. so i cannot even delete it or move it. But i just tried actually cutting the others tools from this container and pasted them elsewhere, and then i disable the container where the render is. then i was able indeed to go and execute the flow. I was thinking i can just put another brand new render and that could work. But i doesn't. Once i put a render on the canvas, the prompt appears, still related to this dll...so that's really annoying, and i cannot find anything on this on the web yet, i'm where the issue stands

Etienne_F
7 - Meteor

for your info, i've submitted a case to support since i'm completely stuck with this render tool. Even the render example workflow makes the same. basically i can run flows with render once, but if i click to update/remove/create any render, then the error comes...

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Is it just the Render tool in the workflow that produces the error, or Render tools in any workflow?

If the Render UI is giving you issues, you may be able to option the workflow as XML text to make changes to the tool (in case it's a particular configuration that's throwing the tool off)

Etienne_F
7 - Meteor

the render tool itself, in any workflow, including the example workflow.

actually can run existing render, but cannot click on it to update or remove.

And if i want to create a brand new, once i put render onto the canvas the error appears

AngelaO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Copy the SRCComposer.dll and rename the copy to SRCComposer_x64.dll so both are in the folder “C:\Users\gberkhof\AppData\Local\Alteryx\bin”

image001.png

Customer Support Engineer
Labels