Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Bugs in 2020.3.5

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

We recently upgraded to 2020.3 and it seems to have a lot of bugs.

1. I regularly click on a tool to configure and the configuration panel is just gray and blank and I have to click around the workflow and eventually come back to the tool before configuration will show up (screenshot attached). This happens frequently.  

2. The Auto Hide function in the panes doesn't work.  This was also a problem in the 2019 version we were on but it is noticeably worse in 2020.3.

3. When I first started using Alteryx, I didn't get a single Unhandled Exception.  In 2019 they started popping up.  Now, I get them frequently working in 2020.

4. My coworker has experienced Alteryx changing the output anchor.  He built a workflow that connected the J anchor of a Join tool to a Summarize tool, but when he runs the workflow and comes back to that Join, the summarize is now connected to the R anchor.  We have deleted the tools, reconnected the tools, and it keeps happening.

5. I have one workflow, in particular, that takes almost an hour to open when previously it opened in about 30 seconds.  

6. There is a known bug in the Scheduler with regards to the checkbox to run the workflow only on business days.  You can't edit that checkbox after creating the schedule.

7. The giant red X is now a thing (see screenshot).  This is infuriating and completely destroys a workflow.  Hitting undo doesn't help.  It just breaks your entire product.  It seems to happen when copying and pasting tools from one workflow to another.  You have to use AutoRecovered files after this, which may or may not be helpful.  

3 REPLIES 3
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you're having with 2020.3. Can you please reach out to support@alteryx.com?  We can have these bugs looked into and logged, for future releases and updates

In the meantime, you're able to revert back to a previous version of Designer by running the prior installer. This is accessible at downloads.alteryx.com. Thanks!

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I created a ticket this morning.

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@FreeRangeDingo 

There are some known issues with 2020.3.5, so you should upgrade to the most stable (latest) release of the version you use.  For 2020.3, that is 2020.3.8.  It includes the fix for DE26134.  That one also shows a big red x, so it might address your concerns with items 3 and 7.

When you have more than one issue, Customer Support prefers to work them as separate cases.  They will contact you for diagnostic information for the issues separately.

In the meantime, please consider the following: 
for item 3,  Unhandled Exception Occurred, Now What?

for item 4, try inserting a Select tool between the two tools.  That will often make the workflow more rugged.

for item 6, you are correct that it is a known issue, DE22077, and its configuration when you save it is respected, even though the next time you edit the schedule, it will show as unchecked.  If you save it checked, then the schedule will not run Saturdays or Sundays.  If you save it unchecked, the schedule will run daily.  If you edit the schedule, but then cancel without saving, the schedule will abide by the saved configuration.  Support will attach your case to the defect so that you will be notified when the fix is included in a future release.
for item 7, Big Red X when copy/paste with caching

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels