Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Bug with version 2019.1.4

Highlighted
Meteor

I have actually 2 issues that are related with version 2019.1.4

1. There is no way to get rid of the "Ready to start solving" tour pop-up at launch. I unchecked the box in setting "Show Start Here at Startup" and checked the "Save user Settings on Exit". And I still get that pop-up every time I run Alteryx, which, in itself, is annoying.

2. If you happen to launch 2 instances of Alteryx, let's say by double clicking on your workflows from the File Manager, the second one appears on top of that pop-up window. If you toggle between workflows then, the pop-up become inaccessible and you are totally stuck. You can't iconize or close the Alteryx windows as it's waiting for the pop-up answer and any other application you run will not appear (appears "behind" the frozen Alteryx screen). Not even the task manager works. Toggling between windows using ALT-TAB won't bring back the pop-ups to close the tour. The only option is to restart the computer.

This has happened to me 2 or 3 times already.

Please fix this.

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

For #1: This should be resolved in our latest release.

For #2: We will need to do some testing to try to reproduce this issue. @JeffF @mjude01 

Highlighted
Meteor

I have installed the latest version and still get the annoying tour pop up every single time I run Alteryx even though I have completed the tour (dozens of time!) and have unchecked the ‘Show Start Here at Startup” box in User Settings. Is there another setting that needs to be changed in order to make that popup disappear?

Did not try to reproduce the crashing issue when opening multiple instances…

Alteryx
Alteryx

@SyxRyx If you go to Help | About, does your serial number populate in the text box, or is it blank?

Highlighted
Meteor

blank

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

And by latest version, which version number is that? Can you look in Help | About and tell me?

Highlighted
Meteor

It shows 2019.3.5.17947

Highlighted
Meteor

SyxRyx_0-1573750064447.png

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Let's try this first as a workaround:

• Go to Options | Manage Licenses
  • Click on the gear in the top right corner, select View Partner Data License Manager
  • Click on the 'Edit...' button in the top right
  • Enter your email address and hit enter
  • Restart Alteryx

See if the tour guide comes up more than once after this.

Highlighted
Meteor

Worst than ever... Nothing works anymore... It says not connected to license server. 

Labels