Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Bug found in Input Tool, Batch MAcro

Pooja9
5 - Atom

Hi Team,

The following is a gist of the Issue faces, and the bug.

I am working on a batch macro for reading and appending multiple Sheets from an excel. I had copy pasted one of my WFs for this, with the differences being start at line and Auto Configure by name instead of position. As I had copied the WFs, and I wanted to start at line 0, as against  previously specified row. I had deleted the row number, and not added 1 (I had to check the default configuration to identify this). The result was that when I was using this as a part of bigger WF (about 20 tools), I was getting the error that I have identified a bug, but it was running okay in isolation (with alike  directory tool, filter tool and the Macro).

Post changing row to 1, the bigger WF worked too. I was hoping if this can be fixed and default of 1 can be applied in all cases, so Lazy ones like myself can be at ease :). 

Thanks!  

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Pooja9 

If the error message you're seeing is similar to "You have found a bug. Replicate, then let us know. We shall fix it", then the community page isn't the right page to post this.  Go to this page and create a new support case.  Make sure to attach the workflow and the database to your case.

Dan

Labels