Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Bug: forumula tool

g_rose
7 - Meteor

When selecting a column in the formula tool, the drop down menu disappears as soon as it appears which makes it impossible to select anything. I also have to click the expression window 5 or 6 times before I can actually type in it. Anyone experience anything similar? I have tried restarting my computer, restarting alteryx, reinstalling alteryx, and using a different mouse/keyboard and nothing seems to fix the problem. It also comes and goes, working fine for a few hours then resurfaces when I'm half way through a workflow.

Edit: changing the configuration window to floating seems to fix the problem. Redocking does not fix it though.

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
This is a known defect (it got me too). It is being addressed. I would raise the issue to support@alteryx.com.

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
g_rose
7 - Meteor

Thank you! My coworkers all insisted this was a problem with my computer and not Alteryx, some insisting I should buy a whole new computer.....

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@g_rose we will be escalating your post to Support so that we can keep track of how many users are running into this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

DanM

SWood
6 - Meteoroid

I have the same problem (Alteryx Admin Designer Version 2018.2.4.47804). It was driving me nuts till I found this post and the suggestion to change the configuration window from dockable to floating.

TravisJWhite
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I'm having this issue as well and it's making me want to break things. Has there been any progress on a solution since the summer? I never had the issue until I 'upgraded' to 18.2. Also, my company isn't updating to 18.3 so I would need a solution to come from the prior release.

Labels