community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Bug: Input data tool connecting using POSTGRESQL but unable to fetch data: GEOMETRY No col

We have a workflow which is running fine in Alteryx 10.6 version (Connecting to Denodo using POSTGRESQL 9.03.04) however after the upgrade I am getting the below error.

for testing I have created an Input data tool using POSTGRESQL to connect to Denodo data source. Connection was successful and able to see all the tables. When try to fetch the data I am getting the below error.

Error opening "SELECT oid fro pg_type where typname='geometry'": No Columns Returned

Please find the attached document and mapping with the screenshots.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Have you confirmed after the upgrade the driver remained the same? I would check that as the upgrade may have changed the underlying driver which could be causing you issues.

I too have the similar issue after the upgrade I am getting the same error. I have used POSTGRESQL09.03.0400 and also 9.06.310 As mentioned in the Alteryx site and still getting the same error

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @ananthpeddi,

Are you attempting to connect to a Denodo DB? Denodo is not a supported data source with Alteryx, but if you feel like this would be a valuable feature in future releases feel free to post this to our ideas page: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/idb-p/product-ideas

Hoss Carroll
Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx
Labels