Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

[Bug] Convert to Macro Output bug on Iterative macros

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

I recently noticed a bug/defect affecting macro outputs on Iterative macros. I am not sure where do I post this, so I am sending it here. 

If I use the new option to convert a Browse tool into a Macro output, change my workflow to Iterative Macro and then try selecting it as the iteration output, it won't show up on the list. 

I can only get Outputs showing up there if they were created by dragging and dropping from the tool pallet. 

I'm attaching a screenshot and a test workflow where I could replicate the issue. 

Designer Version: 2019.3.5.17947

Macro Bug.png

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @gabrielvilella 

This definitely looks like a bug.  If you convert to a macro output there doesn't seem to be any way to get it to show up in the Iterative Output list.  

You can open a new support case here.  Include the workflow as well.

Dan  

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

I am able to reproduce the issue.  I will check if we already have a defect for it or if I need to create a new one. I will be in touch as soon as possible.

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@gabrielvilella 

There is a defect for this: DE22451 - Convert Browse to Macro Output creates a MacroInput question type.

Defect is still open.

There is also this Knowledge Article:   Refer to Cause B / Solution B :

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Troubleshoot-quot-A-question...

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@gabrielvilella  could you please mark this post as resolved?

Labels