Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Browsing results from interface tools

jlipton
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm trying to use interface tools (ex: Drop Down/Action or Date/Action) and see the impact of those changes throughout the workflow (such as through Browse tools or just checking the output of any downstream tool).  The only place I see the changes, however, are when I use the Output tool at the end. All other tools just display the default values (ignoring any changes applied through the interface tools).  Is there a way to see the changed records throughout the workflow?

In the attached example, I'd like to see the updated/changed records in the downstream Select tool and the Browse tool, so that I can visualize the impact of each interface data change to processed records.

2 REPLIES 2
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jlipton

Assuming you are running this locally this is what I would suggest:

1) To see the results in the browse tool add one after every single tool (formula and select). Make sure these are selected as an output option in view>>interface designer>> wrench icon on the left hand side. Once you run the interface locally you should see these browse results in different tabs of the results window

2) Within the interface designer there is a debug mode (second icon on the left in the interface designer). In here you can add dummy variables (your drop down values) and once you hit debug it will actually pass that value into a new workflow canvas where you can run the workflow to see how the data changes. I would recommend this step.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

jlipton
5 - Atom

Very helpful, thanks Jordan.

Labels