Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Browse without a Browse tool

jsuptic
7 - Meteor

If you are  like me, you get annoyed with adding and removing Browse tools while you develop. What many people don't realize is this is an extraneous step in many cases.

To get the same info in the Results window, simply run the workflow and click the arrow (used to connect objects) on the object you want to browse.

There are two differences with using this method.

1. You will not be able to directly save the data.
  2. You will not be able to pop the data out in a new window.

However, you are still able to copy the data to a click board.

This has saved me a lot of time during development, enjoy!

Jason R.S.

3 REPLIES 3
itestu
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this for new users !

To complete your post, you will just have a preview of your data by clicking on the right arrow of each tools (up to 1000 records) whereas the Browse tool give you a complete view of your data. Moreover, the Browse tool gives you additional information on the quality of your data. 

But you are right, the right arrow of the tools is very useful to build your workflow step by step !! :)

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Also, if you want to view the full results of a batch macro, you'll need a browse tool afterwards. Otherwise, the output arrow will not show all of the records.

JPSeagull
8 - Asteroid

I have yet to ever click the right arrow output tool to view sample data and I am always dragging in the Browse Tool. When my colleagues screen share while collaborating, they can click the arrows and see the sample results. They have no idea what settings does that and they're surprised that I can't do it when I share my screen.

Is there a hidden settings I am missing?

Labels