Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Browse for file to be used as an attachment for Email tool

Michal_Morrison
6 - Meteoroid

Welcome!

I have a question: Is it possible to put a browse tool for user in Interface Designer where user can select a specific file (in this case it will be .msg or .pdf from his local machine) and this file can be saved somewhere in disk space to be used later as an attachment for Emial tool?

Workflow will be executed via Alteryx Gallery so provided by user file needs to be saved somewhere to be later imported and used as part of the workflow.

For any information or tips I will be much grateful!

5 REPLIES 5
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @Michal_Morrison 

FileBrowse in the interface tools will allow you to upload a file to use when running an app on the gallery

Michal_Morrison
6 - Meteoroid

When I used file browse there are errors related to the formatting once someone upload .msg file. 

I was trying pass path to the text input file - but without success.

I also tried to connect file browse tool with action to the email tool - there is no option to modify attachment field

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

I think if you want a .msg file you will need update the "arbitrary file selection" optionCapture.PNG

and you have a set a file first before you can modify it with the interface tools

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Michal_Morrison
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much!

It works well!

I also can confirm it working on Alteryx Gallery.

podoseb
6 - Meteoroid

Not working for me, i keep getting the "The system cannot find the path specified" error when running the app on the Gallery.

So basically i connected the file browse tool like you did in the screenshots, but it seems like it can't find that file i upload through file browse.

Why could that be? Has it anything to do with the fact that the app is in Staging?

Labels