Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Browse Tool in an Application - showing results

Suzanne
7 - Meteor

Does anyone know how the Alteryx team got the Browse tool do display the app results to the screen right after it runs in APP mode?  Whenever I add one to a workflow, the APP won't produce anything unless a file is outputted. 

Attached is a workflow from one of the Date Mastery posts that displays the results to the screen.  The workflow I created has "Suzanne" in the name.   Thank you!!!

ps. the data in the application is before 2018.    I chose 2/1/2017 to 8/31/2017.

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Suzanne

@Suzanne wrote:

Does anyone know how the Alteryx team got the Browse tool do display the app results to the screen right after it runs in APP mode? 

If you click on view in the toolbar and then interface designer, you will select the 4th icon (properties) to check the box on your browse tool to have it display:

Capture.PNG

Note that this only applies when you run it as an app on your local machine. This setting is ignored/not applicable in the server environment.

Suzanne
7 - Meteor

That is darn cool!  Thank you Patrick.

CalDowd98
8 - Asteroid

hi patrick - is there anyway of getting this to work within the alteryx gallery in the server environment ? My app will be spread to people who dont use alteryx, so will need the results to be able to pop up within their web browse !

thank you

Labels