Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
ALTER.NEXT:

Join us on Dec 2 for a half-day virtual analytics + data science event!
US & CA customers only

SAVE YOUR SPOT
It's the most wonderful time of the year - Santalytics 2020 is here! This year, Santa's workshop needs the help of the Alteryx Community to help get back on track, so head over to the Group Hub for all the info to get started!

Bringing in summarized data in original data

Highlighted
5 - Atom

I am looking to find some guidance on the best way to create new fields via summarized data. 

I created summarized fields in a separate excel tab and brought them into the workflow. I then used a Join and Union to (Left Outer Join). Now I am a bit stuck. I want to create new fields but using the summarized (one cell) data and then multiply (divide) by another field. Sort of how, in comparison in excel using "$". 

Excel example: A1*$B$1 which b1 would stay consistent and A1 would go through multiple variables. 

Written out the example (using picture): Cost * Forcast Sales Quantity; or Cost * Extended Product Margin

Questions:

Would this be better to "Cross Tab" and or pick a filed and then call out the amount the next filed?

How do I keep the one variable constant?

Highlighted
Inactive User
Not applicable

If you want to multiply one field by many different variables to produce different outcomes I suggest a dynamic structure. Keep your cost data as-is and append the other data as "Name" and "Value". Multiply the cost field by the value field. You can then cross table that value field with the name field and have the cost measure applied to those values now.

Labels