Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Break Pivot Table

lity125
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everybody, I am going to filter the pivot table in Alteryx but failed, so am thinking to break the pivot table to raw data first. However, I have no idea on how to break the pivot table, is there anyone can help? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @lity125 ,

Do you have more details like data sample and what you are trying to achieve before breaking the pivot ?

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @lity125,

If I understand you correctly you want to be able to perform operations of the underlying data of the pivot. 

If you are referring to the pivot table build in excel you need to go straight to underlying data and you can check that in excel only.

This is the answer to your question?

If not please give us more details. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @lity125 

You need to load the raw data sheet instead of the pivot table sheet.

lity125
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @atcodedog05, the excel file do not have raw data page. I have to double click to break the pivot table every time. Do you have any idea to break the pivot table directly in Alteryx? Thanks.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

I don't think that is possible at least I don't have a knowledge of how to do it.

As an alternative you can create a pivot view with all underlying data.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@lity125 

Yup that situation had cross my mind where you would have to double click to get data.

Sorry i am not aware of any workaround for it.

lity125
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Jean, my current work is to filter the data I need in the pivot table and then double click on the total amount to get the raw data and send email based on that set of data. The problem I am facing now is I found that I cannot filter the underlying options and do not have idea on breaking the pivot table. Thanks.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @lity125,

Cannot you use this pivot to create a view that will contain all the data that is in the pivot? 

lity125
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Emil, Actually I need to get the information in raw data to send email, but seems there is only a way that is break it in the excel first?

Labels