cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Box and Whisker Plots in Charting Tool

Highlighted
Asteroid

How do you set up a Box and Whisker Plot in the new Interactive Charting tool?  I see a good example in versions prior to 2018.3 but I am not seeing the same functionality. Can someone provide an example of how  to build one in the new Interactive Charting tool?

Thanks,

Derreck

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @dshaw,

The Interactive Chart tool did not exist in Alteryx Designer prior to version 2018.3. You may have seen Box and Whisker plots in the data preview with the Browse Tool in previous versions of Designer. You can save the Box and Whisker plots from a browse tool as a .PNG file if you wish to do so. In the Interactive Chart tool in 2018.3, you can create a new layer with a type of Box and Whisker:

BoxAndWhisker.png

Asteroid

@JakeS Yes, I see that but I don't see how to configure the Box and Whisker as in the versions prior to 2018.3.  Please see attached example in prior charting tool where it seemed more straightforward.  I am just not sure how to configure the same with the interactive tool.

Thanks,

DerreckBox and whisker example old charting_large.png

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @dshaw

The charting tool has been deprecated in version 2018.3 but if you are having issues and wish to continue using the charting tool, you can still access the tool by right clicking on your tool palette and selecting "Show deprecated tools":

ShowDepTools.png

When you go to the reporting tools the Charting tool will show up as "deprecated"

ChartingTool.png

Asteroid

Very helpful.  Also, I did find out how to make a Box and Whisker with the new interactive chart as I just streamed in the data and the box and whisker plot was created.  Again, I appreciate the other method so thank you for pointing this out.

Best,

Derreck

Labels