Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Boosted Model maximum number of trees

Paul_L
8 - Asteroid

I'm trying to build a GBM in Alteryx and the default number of trees is 4,000.  The model was still improving based on the this number of trees so I tried increasing it to 10,000, but I'm still not getting the best model.

The maximum number of trees allowed by the tool configuration is 10,000.

Is there a way to increase the maximum number of trees above 10,000?

7 REPLIES 7
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Paul_L

You can access within Container 144 inside the Macro, there is a Numeric Up Down Tool, called "The maximum number of trees in the model"

You can change the maximum value allowed for that tool.

max num.PNG

That said, I really didn't tried it, and don't know if there is a limitation (for example in R) to have more than 10,000 trees.

Please, let us know how it went.

Best

_AG_

Paul_L
8 - Asteroid

Thanks  

I've tried but I'm then having problems saving the macro and if I use save as I'm having trouble getting that to show in my toolbar.  Might have to abandon Alteryx for R Studio, which is a real shame as Alteryx is easier for the blending steps beforehand.

Thanks Paul

Bob_Blackey
11 - Bolide

I didn't get a chance to try out aguisande's answer but it looks good to me. I don't know if they set a limit of 10000 for some reason based on experience/explosion or not.

To save the macro:

When you have it open:

1. Click anywhere on the canvas on then select the Meta Info tab on the properties window

2. Choose Custom under Workflow Name and enter "My BM"  (for example)

3. Scroll down to Tool Palette and chose "Predictive"   (for example)

4. You can alter the search tags  (these find tools when you use the search box)

5. Save the file in a special folder C:\MyPredictive  (for example)

6. In alteryx go to Options | User settings | Edit User settings

7. On the macros tab  add an entry:   Predictive and C:\MyPredictive

you should then see the tool in the Predictive toolset.

I could tell you how to change the icon but I'd have to charge you double.

Cheers,

Bob

Paul_L
8 - Asteroid

Hi Bob_Blackey

Thanks.  It turns out I had saved it but hadn't found it!  I wasn't expecting it to appear in the Predictive toolset as I'd saved it with a different name, I was looking in my macros folder with a lot of confusion.  It now appears next to the original one with the same name.  As you'll charge me double to change the icon, could you tell me how to change the name?

Many thanks,

Paul

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Paul_L

If you drag the macro into a workflow, then right-click--> Open Macro, you'll access its options/configurations.

In the Meta-Info Tab you'll have access to change it's name (among other things).

macroname.PNG

Bob_Blackey
11 - Bolide

To change the icon just open the macro in Alteryx and then go to View | Interface Designer. Click on the Wrench icon (Properties) and you can then choose an icon. Once you see the standard icons which are you available you really appreciate what the designers do with 41x41 pixels.

Paul_L
8 - Asteroid

Thanks all for your help, really appreciated

Labels