Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Bond Amortization - Effective Interest

Lion24
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am looking to see if anybody has had any success in building a workflow that would help calculate the Amortization of a bond using the effective interest method? Essentially, the flow would prompt users for inputs: Par value, Rate, period, etc. Any leads or direction would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks,

Lion24

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Lion24 

Check out this post from @WayneWooldridge where he built amortization schedules using an iterative macro.  The details of the calculation you'll use in the actual macro will change but the overall structure should be similar

Dan

Lion24
7 - Meteor

I attempted to use the workflow you mentioned as a template for the one I am building. I am having an issue with the macro not iterating. Essentially my goal is for the macro to run on an annual basis until the maturity period. For example, if the maturity period is 5, I would expect the macro to run 5 times updating the carry value, effective interest, and amortization amount each time.  When I run the workflow the macro says no iterations. Any ideas as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated. The files are attached. Thanks!

Labels