community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Block until done

Asteroid

Hi,

I need some help with block until done tool as I am writing all the output to the same spreadsheet. Please see attached image with my workflow and please help me out as to where can I fit in the block until done tool. Thank you!

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi dear @aparna0208 

Your image and your workflow didn't come together with your post.

Could you send it to us again?

Cheers,

Asteroid

Sorry about that. Attaching it again. Please let me know if you still have issues viewing it.

Asteroid

@Thableaus 

Also, this is how i have tried using block until done tool in my workflow. Please see the attachment. I have used three tools for three outputs but all writing to the same spreadsheet into different tabs. The first time I run it, it works fine but after that if I try to overwrite the same file by dropping the previous one, I get that error message as unable to write error win32. I have also changed the output options to overwrite sheet(drop). So it works fine when I run it fresh but again if I try I get an error. I am trying to do this as is it a recurring process and I have to run this to pull report daily so I don't want to keep deleting the old file and then run the workflow every time.

@aparna0208 

I'm gonna check this right now. One sec.

Hi @aparna0208 

You need the Parallel Block Until Done Macro to do what you're trying to do.

It's in the CREW Macro Pack and you can download it in here.

This topic also explains the difference between the regular one and the macro. 

Cheers,

Highlighted
Asteroid

Cool. I'll try this out and if I still have any issues then I'll get back. Thank you so much @Thableaus 

Labels