Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Block Until Done & Filter Tool

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am outputting both T and F anchors from the filter tool directly into the same excel, T is one sheet, F is the other. I am receiving the error that F can't write the sheet because it is open. How can I implement the block until done tool in this use case given the two inputs required? Unfortunately the use case cannot use any macros, so any solutions would be greatly appreciated which results in two sheets being created. I can't share the workflow due to the sensitive information, but please see snippet of use case.

Thanks,

Daniel

danielmaguire_0-1619516506631.png

5 REPLIES 5
shreyanshrathod
11 - Bolide

Hi @danielmaguire ,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shreyansh Rathod

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @danielmaguire,

Actually, I am not sure if you need a filter tool or even a block until done tool. 

Emil_Kos_0-1619518190539.png

You can pick change the entire file path or the file name to make it work. I hope this helps. 

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Emil_Kos 

Thanks for this solution.

If I use this solution, can I rename the sheet, or does the sheet have to be the field name?

Thanks,

Daniel

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @danielmaguire ,

Most of the time when I have used this approach was when I wanted to split the data by region for example.

I could use the region column to split the data into the sheets that have the region name in the column.

I believe you want to achieve something similar. You can split the data by sheets in a very similar manner to the filter tool.  

Does that make sense? 

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, yes that makes sense. I think for my use case the filter approach will be needed. Thanks to all for help!

Labels