Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Blob Output error The field "" is not contained in the record.

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

I have created a custom tool using the Python Engine SDK to take a JSON string input and encrypt it using AES algorithm

Attached is the workflow for the same

The code runs perfectly and I am getting the desired byte output as well. But the blob output tool which I am intending to use for transferring the bytes to binary file is failing with the error =>

Error: Blob Output (25): The field "" is not contained in the record.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Have a nice day 

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @fardeen9983 

You'll probably get more answers if you post this question to the Dev Space forum, which is where the custom tool makers tend to hang out.

Also, your attached package doesn't actually include your custom tool. 

Dan

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @fardeen9983 

We can not output Blob data at Python tool output directly, so we have to output the temporary file and output the file path at Python tool's output.

I have output the figures made by Prophet in the Python tool via a temporary files.

Please refer this URL.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Dev-Space/How-to-output-Blob-field-from-Python-tool/td-p/421015

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

I am not using the python tool provided by Alteryx. Instead I have created a custom tool using Python SDK and it is outputting Blob data. I will update the answer with the files and workspace

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much @danilang . I didn't even knew such a forum existed. I will surely look into it

Labels