Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Blob Input Blob Output tool- Issue

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Hello great people:

In a workflow, I have used Blob Input and Blob Output tool for storing a pre-formated .xls template. In the Output of the workflow, I am getting the result and everything from the template except the color.  

How can I fix it? Appreciate your help.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@amadra wrote:

Hi @JoeS - could you please attach the workflow as well?

Hi @amadra  - the workflow should be attached with the template already.

@Kinetic_analytics wrote:

The issue is happening on at Output tool. I have applied Block until done, I could see a black output template there. When I use the Output tool then I do not see the gridlines and color. The Alteryx Designer version is 2021.2.1.35394.

Thanks

When you say at the output tool, do you mean the blob output tool? 

Could you send a screenshot of your workflow please?

I am not sure what you mean around selecting a blank output template.

In my set up the filename I chose didn't/doesn't exist before the run of the workflow, the path is then dynamically changed based upon what is entered in the formula tool. 

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Kinetic_analytics_0-1661268966121.png

here you go

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Ah ok.

If you disable the output tool, is the blob tool outputting with the formatting? 

My guess is then when the output tool is writing to the sheet that's when the formatting is then lost. Could you write to a separate "data" sheet in the template and then use cell references in your template for the range rather than writing from Alteryx?

Labels