Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Blob Input Blob Output tool- Issue

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Hello great people:

In a workflow, I have used Blob Input and Blob Output tool for storing a pre-formated .xls template. In the Output of the workflow, I am getting the result and everything from the template except the color.  

How can I fix it? Appreciate your help.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Are you able to upload the workflow and Excel at all?

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Unfortunately no. :(  I can give ScreenShots though. 

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I've just done a quick test with a really simple Excel file with some colour and it is retained (see attached).

So could well be specific to your template unfortunately.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Kinetic_analytics @Make sure the blob output tool writing first, I mean the blob output should connect to the Block Until Done first output anchor 

amadra
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JoeS - could you please attach the workflow as well?

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Thank you for your quick help this morning. 

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Quick Question :

In the Blob Output tool configuration time, Do I need to select a blank Output template? Thanks

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Good idea. Let me try this. You are Awesome! 

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

The issue is happening on at Output tool. I have applied Block until done, I could see a black output template there. When I use the Output tool then I do not see the gridlines and color. The Alteryx Designer version is 2021.2.1.35394.

Thanks

Labels