Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Blank record causing column name to not display

sucansa
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have a use case to show the total pass, fail and Null records.. But there are some blank records in a column. That is causing the column name to not appear in the output..

Example: If Account Number column has blank records(Not Null records but blank records), Account Name has 10 Pass records, 5 fail records from Table A, My output is having Table A with blank column for "Account Number"(not displaying column name, but just blank) and Account Name with 10 Pass and 5 Fail..

My question is how to make Alteryx display column name inspite of blank records. I don't mind if it shows a single record as Null.. I am using transpose and Summarise tool to display the counts of a value in columns

4 REPLIES 4
wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sucansa 

Could you try putting a Data Cleansing or Formula tool before Transposing your data, to replace those blank values with a Null or a 0? So that it recognises that their is information within that field?

Kind Regards

Will

sucansa
7 - Meteor

Myabe I should rephrase my question- There is no record for that column. Because of which the column name is not appearing in my output. Is there a way I can add dummy null value record to the column so that I get the column name in my output?

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

@sucansa 

If you use a Formula tool before your output you can 'Add a new column' - If you name this, to what you would like your field header to be. Then in the Value for that field you could just enter "" which will provide an empty value for each record.

Would that work?

Regards

Will

sucansa
7 - Meteor

yeah it works. Although I felt like it is kinda hard coding.. Was looking for something to enter something for empty records. So that column name is not missed.

Labels