Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Blank incoming fields from Sharepoint

shanwar
6 - Meteoroid

I have an issue with Alteryx reading a couple of fields from a SharePoint list as Empty or Null.  I can update said fields with no warnings or errors, but for some reason when I input back the list into my workflow these 2 fields are blank, all other fields in the list are updated and read back just fine.

I can view them on the SharePoint list and MS Access, but for some reason not in Designer.

Sample.png

Any leads or ideas on what maybe the issue?

6 REPLIES 6
shanwar
6 - Meteoroid

A fix has been found for my issue. Our SharePoint guy created another view for all fields in the list.  Unfortunately as to why they had no data although the field was present still eludes me.  But at least it's resolved now 🙂

Simon_Tax
5 - Atom

I am experiencing the exact same issue. What method were you using to connect to SharePoint? In our organization the existence of MFA meant that we can only connect to a SharePoint List using the "app only authentication" method. Maybe this has something to do with it? In my case it's actually the main "Title" field that doesn't pull through.

Levin
6 - Meteoroid

I am getting the same issue, I get all of my data except for my title field which is my Unique Key. Did you find a solution @Simon_Tax ?

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I did a little bit of testing, and it appears that when you rename the Title column, Alteryx brings in nulls.  If you don't rename it, it will bring in values.  OR, you can create a view with the columns you want and reference the view instead of the list. I was successful when I created a view.  

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I wrote a blog post about this that explains in detail. https://www.bigmountainanalytics.com/alteryx-sharepoint-list-input-tool-produces-nulls/

jpartridge
5 - Atom

This worked for me as well. Thanks for the tip!

Labels