Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Bigquery only outputs duplicate rows

jensroy
9 - Comet

Hi!

I have a workflow where I grab data from Google sheets, then I push those data into a BigQuery database. This is the full workflow. Grabbing the data takes 5 seconds. Writing the data takes 3 minutes. There is only 20 rows of data. In addition, every row written becomes a duplicate of the 1st row.

2018-04-27 15_29_25-Alteryx Designer x64 - SPRAY Booking.yxmd_.png

The output looks like this:

2018-04-27 15_31_03-Google BigQuery.png

It should look like this:

2018-04-27 15_33_50-Kampanje booking 2018 SPRAY - Google Regneark.png

Any idea where I can start to troubleshoot this?

Simba ODBC driver (2.1.6.1006)

Alteryx 2018.1

7 REPLIES 7
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Can you post a screenshot of the data before it is streaming into the output data tool.

Ben

jensroy
9 - Comet

Good morning! The second screenshot is taken from the source, a google sheet.

jensroy
9 - Comet

And here is another interesting find. I checked the BQ log and found that it starts many seperate queries to insert data. I am not running a batch macro.multiple inserts in Google BigQuery.png

jensroy
9 - Comet

This is the SQL that Alteryx pushes:

Insert into `SPRAY_BOOKING`.`TEST1`(`TIME`,`NATIONAL`,`SALES_TYPE`,`CUSTOMER`,`PLACEMENT`,`EMAIL`,`SITE`,`WEEK_BOOKED`,`DAYS_BOOKED`,`BOOKING_TYPE`,`MATERIAL`,`RESPONSILBE1`,`RESPONSIBLE2`,`YEAR`) Values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@jensroy I would consider raising this more formally with support@alteryx.com as it is probably something that most members of the community cannot replicate without creating a bigquery account and so on.

HJackson
7 - Meteor

Hi @jensroy, where you able to find a solution to this?  I have found that the new write to bigquery tool is also an append/insert only, and does not delete existing records.  I'd love to hear whatever work around you came up with other than writing a view in BQ to only grab the most recently updated record (as this will be more costly, over time).

Thank you!

jensroy
9 - Comet

Hello. In the end i was not able to advance with this. The duplicate rows seems to be a result of the SIMBA driver not really supporting write to BigQuery. The only other solution i found in the community that could have worked was to use the download tool to post a CSV file into bigquery. But in the end I solved this project by using Azure instead of BigQuery. Good luck though, and please write back if you solve it. It would be good learning

Labels